EMC provides a wide range of environmental services to support development of key infrastructure in Guyana such as roads, bridges, asphalt plants and airstrips.
EMC’s experience in the infrastructure sector include:
- Collaborated with international service providers to prepare a Strategic Environmental Assessment for key transport initiatives and Feasibility Studies for major road developments including the Linden to Lethem Road.
- Conducted Environmental Impact Assessments for the rehabilitation of major highways and roads on the West Coast Demerara and Berbice area.
- Prepared Environmental Management Plans for major roads rehabilitation across the coast of Guyana, for the construction of an aerodrome in the North West District and a wharf and asphalt plant on the East Bank of Demerara.
- Provided environmental compliance support to contractors and engineering consulting firms for road construction projects across the coast and hinterland region of Guyana.
- Conducted environmental compliance monitoring of donors environmental and social safeguards for the rehabilitation of several secondary education facilities and a leading tertiary educational institution.
Over the years, EMC has developed the capacity and experience to oversee and monitor the implementation of donors environmental and social safeguards for infrastructure projects.